I'm finding that as the first week of class progresses, I need to constantly remind myself WHY we are homeschooling. Some people make it look so easy!! Let me tell you, it is not easy! Not for me... I find that each day brings its own set of challenges. On Monday it was big sis... and her waterworks. Tuesday it was little man... "teacher, teacher!" and the constant interruptions, and once again, big sis and her waterworks. Wednesday, big bro and the waterworks! Ahhh. Not to mention the fact that I'm trying to get into some sort of routine as all this is taking place. What do I do with baby? I tried putting her in the pack-n-play and she just screams!! Deep cleansing breaths... deep cleansing breaths... sigh.
Somehow I had this "glorified" idea of what homeschooling was going to be like. Angelic little children sitting nicely, attentively, and politely asking for help with their work. Ha! Then I remembered we are a fallen nature... in need of redemption and grace. My children are not excluded.
So, as each day brings a new set of challenging on the homeschooling front, I ask the Lord to fill me anew with his grace, mercy and patience. I need it. I need it more than ever! I have no doubt we are doing what is best for our children... I just need constant reminding of that!
No comments:
Post a Comment